Thank you for inquiring about Dole Food Company, Inc.'s U.S. Charitable Contribution Program. Dole Food Company's charitable program is dedicated to bringing about positive change in the area of nutrition education for children. By targeting one area for charitable giving, Dole is maximizing its limited resources to make the greatest progress in that area. Dole's goal is to help the next generation of adults prevent many diseases by teaching the value of good nutrition to children through improved and interactive teaching curriculum for schools nationwide. Dole donates a non-branded nutrition education CD-ROM program to schools. In addition, Dole has developed a nutrition education website available on the Internet at Dole Superkids
. Dole is also a major donor to a nationwide food bank to help distribute more fresh fruit and vegetables to charitable organizations throughout the U.S. This program provides access to fresh produce that is normally not available in the diets of low-income individuals. In Dole's overseas operations, each division contributes generously to the communities in which Dole employees live and work with particular focus on reforestation and conservation; building housing, schools, hospitals, roads and infrastructure; and teaching local citizens proper care for the environment.
Dole Food Company's U.S. Charitable Contribution Program makes grants based on the following guidelines:
• The Program is restricted to funding 501(c)(3) charitable organizations only.
• Documentation from the I.R.S. confirming 501(c)(3) status must be provided.
• The organization should provide nutrition education programs that benefit schools on a nationwide basis as opposed to assisting an individual school.
Dole Food Company is restricted from making grants to the following:
• Religious, fraternal, sports or political groups
• Legislative or lobbying efforts or groups who have a primary focus of changing laws
• Sporting events and sponsorships
On behalf of Dole Food Company, we encourage and support the work you are doing in your community. We regret not being able to fund so many of the wonderful projects submitted to us and wish you the best in your fundraising efforts. We look forward to hearing from you if your program meets our guidelines.